For more specific questions, please contact your Department Payroll Section.
Payroll Flyer Titles and Descriptions
1. Semi-Monthly Payroll The County is changing from a monthly payroll with a pay advance to a semi-monthly payroll.
2. Payroll Practices Not Changing With the implementation of the new eHR payroll system, there will be changes in the way employees are paid, however, many of the County’s payroll practices will remain the same.
3. Retirement and Deferred Compensation Plans Retirement contributions and service credit will be reported on a semi-monthly basis and the calculations of the employees contributions to deferred compensation plans will be simplified.
5. Leave Time Usage To further elaborate on the changes impacting employee absences, highlighted are the following topics: Absent Without Pay (AWOP), Salary Continuation for job injuries, Part Pay Sick (PPS) and Short Term Disability (STD).
6. Personnel and Pay Events Revised Semi-monthly pay schedules will be used to calculate selected pay and personnel events such as mid period salary changes, payments to employees leaving County service and traffic mitigation allowances.
lasd content/LASD Site/Home/LASD Family/LASD Family Employees/10-Payroll-00NEW PAYROLL SYSTEM (APRIL 30, 2010)
1 drop down
Find the LA County services and facilities that serve your area...
Did You Know?
At least 62 different languages are spoken by the culturally diverse employees and volunteers of the LASD.
Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department patrol personnel alone comprise the nation’s seventh largest patrol policing force.
The LASD has 23 patrol stations and dozens of sub-stations for 40 contract cities and 140 unincorporated communities, plus scores of sub-stations policing transit, parks, hospitals, county buildings, and community colleges
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department is the sole patrol policing agency for over 4 million of the county’s 10 million plus residents.
Only 33 of the world’s countries have more people than the State of California.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department is the largest community college policing agency in the nation (nine campuses of the L.A. Community College District, which serves more than 130,000 students).
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department has every specialized unit a U.S. law enforcement agency can utilize, including over 72 distinct units of assignment.
The LASD has over 18,000 budgeted employees, 10,000 sworn and 8,000 civilian personnel, plus over 830 reserve deputies, 420 youth explorers, and over 4,000 civilian volunteers - the largest program in the nation
lasd content/LASD Site/Home/LASD Family/LASD Family FactoidsLASD Family Factoids
lasd content/LASD Site/Home/Home Other LinksHome Other Links
The LASD.org® website has made reasonable efforts to provide an accurate translation. However, no automated or computerized translation is perfect and is not intended to replace human or traditional translation methods. The official text is the English version of LASD.org® website. If any questions arise concerning the accuracy of the information presented by the translated version of the website, please refer to the English edition of the website, which is the official version.