Five shootings in or near, City of Carson & 110 freeway. One woman wounded. Apr.18-26. LASD , CHP
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Carson Station, is seeking the public’s assistance in solving an investigation into several shootings that have occurred within the City and within the unincorporated areas patrolled by Carson Station.
The shootings occurred between April 18, 2012 to April 26, 2012. During one of the incidents, a 27 year old female was shot in her arm while she was walking in a commercial area. During other incidents, victims’ cars were struck by gunfire as they drove.
At this point there have been five reported shootings, all within close proximity to each other. The Sheriff’s Department is investigating three of the incidents.
• The first incident occurred on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at approximately 2:15 PM near the 21300 block of Main Street in the city of Carson. The victim, a female white adult, was walking on Main Street when she was shot in the arm.
• The second incident occurred on Monday, April 23, 2012 at approximately 8:30 PM near the intersection of Normandie Avenue and Torrance Boulevard in the unincorporated area of Torrance. The victim, a female Hispanic adult, was driving south on Normandie Avenue when her vehicle was struck by gun fire.
• The third incident occurred on Thursday, April 26, 2012 at approximately 2:30 PM near the intersection of Figueroa Street and Lomita Boulevard in the city of Carson. The victim, a male Asian adult, was driving on Figueroa Street when his vehicle was struck by gunfire.
• The fourth incident, which is being investigated by the California Highway Patrol, occurred on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 8:00 PM on the 110 Freeway near the Carson Street exit.
• The fifth incident, also being investigated by the California Highway Patrol, occurred on Thursday, April 26, 2012 at approximately 2:45 PM on the 110 Freeway near Torrance Boulevard.
Preliminary investigations reveal that the shootings may have been committed by the same person or persons. The common factor in the shootings appears to be the use of a shotgun (bird shot) by the suspect.
There is no suspect description available at this time and information such as motive for these crimes is extremely limited.
If you have any information about these incidents, please contact the Watch Commander at Carson Station at (310) 830-1123. Or, if you wish to remain anonymous, call “Crime Stoppers” by dialing 800-222-TIPS (8477), texting the letters TIPLA plus your tip to CRIMES (274637), or using the website http://lacrimestoppers.org.
lasd content/LASD Site/Home/Home Top Stories/Five shootings in or near City of CarsonFive shootings in or near, City of Carson & 110 freeway. One woman wounded. Apr.18-26. LASD , CHP
The LASD.org® website has made reasonable efforts to provide an accurate translation. However, no automated or computerized translation is perfect and is not intended to replace human or traditional translation methods. The official text is the English version of LASD.org® website. If any questions arise concerning the accuracy of the information presented by the translated version of the website, please refer to the English edition of the website, which is the official version.